Our faith drives us to work in the world’s poorest countries and communities, delivering ability-restoring, life-changing solutions for families living with the double disadvantage of poverty and disability.
cbm works in 59 countries. We have 628 projects and provide empowering, ability-restoring, life-changing services to 37.9 million people each year.
What we accomplished in 2016:
3.3 million girls and boys received ability-restoring medical care!
- 2,512,904 children received sight-protecting eye care
- 614,667 children received therapy and rehabilitation
- 13,582,045 children received medication for neglected tropical diseases
- 134,668 children received assistive devices
- 52,557 children received ability-restoring surgeries
- 285,458 children received the gift of sound
- 57,989 children received an education
- 605,962 moms, dads and grandparents received sight through eye surgery, including 422,145 cataract operations
- 8,122,881 people received meds to prevent blindness from trachoma and river blindness