Shortbread’s always a winner with the crowd, and with this recipe –you’ll have your new favourite crowd-pleasing go-to sweet-treat.
1 lb. of room temperature butter
3 cups of flour
½ cup of cornstarch
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of icing sugar
pinch of Salt
1. Whip all ingredients really well –beat it until it looks like whipped cream.
2. Drop by teaspoonful onto a baking sheet or to add a bit of design, roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet and press down lightly with a fork.
3. Decorate with sprinkles or chopped cherries, as you desire.
4. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
5. Save some for yourself before serving to others, because otherwise you won’t have any left over.