DIRECTOR, INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS (IP)
cbm Canada is currently looking for a talented Director, IP
Everybody wants to make a difference. To leave the world a better place than they found it.
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Join our Team.
We are cbm Canada, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. cbm Canada works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
About the position:
- Reporting To: Chief Strategy Officer
- Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON
- Date Posted: April 27th, 2018
- Application Deadline: May 25th, 2018
About the job:
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Director, IP provides leadership and strategic oversight of cbm Canada’s International Programs, developing a program portfolio that drives increasing long-term impact.
More specifically, the Director, IP will:
- Develops cbm Canada’s international program strategy, focussing on the needs of children caught in the cycle of poverty and disability, and driving long-term impact and transformation;
- Facilitates coherent program country disability plans with child-focussed needs assessments and stakeholder input that addresses the real, identified needs;
- Facilitates strategic program planning with partners and clients, taking into account potential cash and non-cash resources;
- Oversees the program selection process, with clear criteria;
- Manages cbm Canada’s program portfolio, and allocates program budget (cash and non-cash) accordingly;
- Develops and maintains processes and tools for partner selection, assessment, program development, monitoring and evaluation, completion, and partner performance improvement plans and exit strategies;
- Conducts field visits as required;
- Works with marketing directors, to align program portfolio with available resources and with the intentions of funding partners/ supporters;
- Ensures obligations are met to program/funding partners;
- Supports in the development and management of strategic partnerships for cbm Canada to achieve strategic objectives;
- Serves as the public face of effective, international development in Canada;
- Participates as a member of the Leadership Team, making program and budget decisions.
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Master’s degree in International Development or equivalent field and experience
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership role
- 10 – 12 years of international experience in various geographical areas or extensive experience in the same area
- Must be fluent in English (French and or Spanish would be considered an asset)
- Demonstrated project development experience
- Ability to operate effectively in cross cultural environments
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to think strategically
- Structured and organized, but a creative thinker
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Availability to travel internationally, domestically and to developing countries frequently and with short notice
Must have a reliable source of transportation
Please forward resume including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by
May 25, 2018
cbm Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
cbm Canada is a ‘child-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.