SPECIALIST, DISABILITY INCLUSIVE DEVELOPMENT
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries? Join our Team.
We are cbm Canada, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. cbm Canada works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities, helping to break the cycle of poverty and disability.
About the position:
- Reporting To: Chief Strategy Officer
- Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON
- Date Posted: July 30th, 2018
- Application Deadline: August 17th, 2018
About the job:
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Specialist, Disability Inclusive Development (DID) provides DID expertise and training to cbm Canada’s international programs and strategic partnerships and provides DID thought leadership to potential institutional funders.
More specifically, the Specialist, DID will:
- Develop DID training materials;
- Conduct training workshops to mainstream DID into other INGO strategies and policies;
- Train local partners in DID best practices;
- Lead cbm Canada’s institutional funding strategy, setting annual targets, activities and budget and overseeing implementation of annual plans;
- Meet regularly with Global Affairs Canada, Development Networks and other INGOs to provide thought leadership in the areas of inclusion, specifically disability inclusive development;
- Manage relationships with institutional funders;
- Work with Director, International Programs to develop disability inclusive programs for institutional funders;
- Provide DID expertise and input for cbm Canada’s international program strategies and plans;
- Act as cbm Canada’s DID expert, informing the larger organizational strategy
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere;
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth;
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Master’s degree in Disability Inclusive Development or equivalent field and experience
- Minimum 7 years in a practical DID implementation and/or training role
- Minimum 5 years of DID experience in various geographical areas
- Must be fluent in English (French and or Spanish would be considered an asset)
- Demonstrated project development experience
- Ability to operate effectively in cross cultural environments
- Outstanding teaching abilities
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Ability to think strategically
- Structured and organized, but a creative thinker
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Standard office environment
- Availability to travel internationally, domestically and to developing countries frequently and with short notice
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Please forward you cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 17th, 2018
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory.
If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
cbm Canada is a ‘child-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.