GIK (GIFT-IN-KIND) CASUAL DRIVER (Ontario)
cbm Canada is currently looking for a GIK Casual Driver to join our team
“Working towards a disability inclusive world”
We are cbm Canada, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. cbm Canada works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities, helping to break the cycle of poverty and disability.
About the job:
Date Posted: October 3, 2018
Job Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, Ontario
Start Date: ASAP
- Casual (On-Call)
- $20 per hour + 4% vacation pay
- Flexible working schedule based on job demands
- Local trips (Ontario)
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Pick-up and delivery of donations (medical supplies and equipment)
- Loading and unloading of donations into/out of the 26’ straight truck
- Safe and courteous operation of a 26’ straight truck
- Professional representation of the company at all times (interacting with donors)
- Assisting Warehouse Coordinator with warehousing or disposal of items as needed
- Assisting Warehouse Coordinator with loading of shipping containers as needed
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License (class G)
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to confidently drive a 26’ straight truck
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work outside / inside in varying weather / temperature conditions
- Ability to safely use loading equipment (ladder, step stool, pallet truck, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook)
- Team attitude and strong communication skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Attention to detail
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
- Valid Forklift operator’s licence would be considered an asset
- Understanding of mechanical/electrical equipment would be considered an asset
What we offer:
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are
- You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere
- Competitive hourly wages
Interested? Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 24, 2018.
cbm Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
cbm Canada is a ‘child and adults-at-risk safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.