cbm Canada is currently looking for a skilled IT Coordinator
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have at least two (2) years’ experience managing information systems and performing networks maintenance. You are knowledgeable in software, hardware and networks. You have excellent communication and people skills since end user support and teamwork are important aspects of the role.
We are cbm Canada, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. cbm Canada works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities for people with disability.
ABOUT the position:
- Status: Salaried, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
- Reporting to: Manager, Information Services/Project Management Office
- Salary: TBD + Group Insurance Benefits & RRSP
- Location: cbm Canada’s Stouffville Office
- Start Date: ASAP
- Date Posted: April 11, 2018
- Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
ABOUT the role:
IT Coordinator ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of new and existing technology and information systems that support core organizational functions of the organization.
Network System Maintenance
- Ensure that servers are running properly by completing regular check ups
- Ensure that network switches and UPS are running properly
- Back-up hardware running check-ups
- Disaster recovery testing when possible
- Troubleshoot network issues (outside business hours)
- Communicate, collaborate & negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Regular maintenance of network hardware
- Schedule and run updates (i.e. Virus protection, MS, other)
- Ensure business continuity
- Identify, gather and accept users’ issues requests
- Establish priorities and schedule Break fix
- Troubleshoot and fix issues in efficient and timely manner
- Train new and the existing staff on cbm’s systems
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction
Phone system maintenance
- Add and remove system users
- Set up phone extensions and voicemails
- Conduct regular backups
- Configure digital and iPhones
- Set up network printers
- Simple Break fix
- Replace ink cartridges when necessary
- Contact vendors for maintenance and replacements issues
- Identify hardware issues / problems
- Maintain an inventory control system for all IT hardware and software
- Distribute and deploy new / used equipment in coordination with HR Department
- Retirement / Disposal of redundant equipment
Additional duties as required:
- Assist / make recommendations in development of IT procedures and policies
- Documentation of system environment and workflows
- Make recommendations for improvements in IT systems
- Provide input into company decisions regarding software and hardware using knowledge of latest trends and applications
- Participate in department meetings
- Emergency calls (outside office hours)
ABOUT your skills, education and knowledge:
- Bachelor Degree/College Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Networking and Network Security experience
- Working knowledge of print server and printer technology
- Network switches
- Knowledge of BES server
- Ability to present information in terms understandable to all level of audience
- Interpersonal skills to be able to provide guidance, advice and training on technical issues to staff
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and negotiate with the vendors and suppliers on a regular basis
- Ability to ascertain skills and aptitude of various user groups and ensure technology and training is provided to meet organizational needs
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and objectives
- Ability to follow given directions, guidelines and instructions
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
ABOUT your technical skills:
- Windows ; Office Suite; MS SQL; VMware; Windows Server 2008 and up, SAN, NAS, wireless; Exchange server; Knowledge of BCM phone system will be considered an asset
ABOUT other requirements:
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
WHAT’S in it for you:
We are a group of Christians working together to live out our faith. We have a comprehensive insurance benefits, Group RRSP plan and Critical Illness Insurance Plan for salaried staff and we end early on Friday’s in the summer so that we can beat the traffic heading north. We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth.
Are you a good match?
Please forward resume including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by
April 27, 2018
cbm Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
cbm Canada is a ‘child-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.