Philanthropy Dream Team (aka Major Gift Fund Raising Team)
Partnership Development Representative –
MAJOR GIFT FUNDRAISER
Everybody wants to make a difference. To leave the world a better place than they found it. You do. And so do people with lots of money.
In fact, having lots of money is a heavy burden to bear. People are built to give and when they don’t exercise that sharing impulse, that responsibility, that calling, they aren’t as healthy and they aren’t as happy.
Our cbm Philanthropy Dream Team gives people with high net worth the opportunity to discover their world-changing aspirations. We connect these men and women to giving opportunities that benefit some of the poorest and most overlooked people in the world – children and families struggling to survive poverty with the added challenge of not being able to see, or walk or hear.
Then we use their investment to make lasting, transformational change in lives and in communities. And believe it or not, these donors thank us for it.
We do it because we believe God loves everyone. And because we believe a whole and healthy world means no one should be left out.
Are you looking for a challenging, exciting career that changes lives here and in poorer countries?
Join our Dream Team.
Reporting To: Director, Major Gift
Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
Location: Travel to British Columbia once per month for 1 week – the balance of the time in our Stouffville office or home office
Date Posted: February 16, 2018
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Use your charisma and dogged discipline to form new relationships that get you face-to-face with people who are capable of giving gifts of $10,000+
- Use your creativity and kindness to nurture existing major donors through a variety of channels (face-to-face, phone, mail, email and meetings)
- Use your courage and passion to ask for funds on behalf of children and families in dire need
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere
- We have a comprehensive benefits and Group RRSP plan for salaried staff and we end work early on Fridays in the summer so that we can beat the traffic heading to cottage country
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
Our top performers have:
- College/University education preferred or a combination of education and experience
- 5 years sales or fundraising experience and show tact, diplomacy and solid judgment when building relationships with major donors
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation abilities
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Disciplined and patient approach to fundraising
- Function well in an environment with specific and measured targets
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Applications
- Experience with Donor Management Software (an asset)
- Based in Ontario with very frequent travel in western Canada
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Occasional travel overseas
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
If this tempts you even a little bit, and you meet the minimum requirements, let’s set up a conversation.
Please forward you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 16, 2018
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory.
If you require an accommodation, please advise HR in advance of attending the interview.
cbm Canada is a ‘child-safe organization’.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.