cbm Canada is currently looking for a Manager, Finance
“Working towards a disability inclusive world”
We are cbm Canada, a Christian organization, bringing hope and healing to kids and their families living with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. cbm Canada works in communities to improve access to healthcare, education and livelihood opportunities, helping to break the cycle of poverty and disability.
About the position:
- Reporting To: Director of Finance
- Employment Status: Full-Time (35 hours per week), Salaried
- Salary: TBD + Benefits & RRSP
- Location: 3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON
- Travel: Occasional travel within Canada, US and internationally
- Date Posted: November 12th, 2018
- Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018
About the job:
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager oversees the operations of the Finance Department, including financial accounting reporting and analysis, cash flow, investments, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and estate administration. Responsibilities include leadership of the Finance Department operations to ensure efficient and effective operations, a high functioning team and implementation of optimal operating procedures to ensure sufficient financial controls are in place.
More specifically, the Manager, Finance will:
- Provide leadership to the finance team and oversee recruitment, training, staff engagement and performance management of the team. Foster a positive work culture through team building;
- Plan and build the finance department’s annual budget and periodic forecast updates;
- Perform monthly and quarterly assessment and forecast of department’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals;
- Assist with planning and co-ordination of the annual budget process and periodic forecast updates for the organization;
- Develop a financial reporting framework to support decision-making of internal clients; prepare monthly and annual reports and financial statements. Perform quarterly/year-end budget review and monthly/quarterly account reconciliations;
- Evaluate and improve upon established procedures and processes within the finance department. Recommend and implement appropriate improvements as needed;
- Manage and administer the investment portfolio and ensure compliance against investment policies;
- Assist the Director of Finance in establishing office management guidelines and organize workflow of staff which includes the establishment of standard operating procedures and updating board policies as required;
- Maintain strong relationships with the Directors, Sr. Managers and Managers, and lead various analysis & reporting needs in support of their objectives which includes Budget and Forecast support, variance analysis and other ad-hoc analyses;
- Manage and execute timely, accurate, and efficient service delivery in support of ongoing, daily, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes in accordance with appropriate principles and standards as it pertains to Program/Grant administration and compliance set by Grantors/Donors;
- Provide support to internal audits, external audits, and regulatory audits by ensuring documentation and information is provided or queries are responded to by the appropriate staff in a timely manner;
- Provide advice and technical expertise, within the scope of assigned tasks, to colleagues, partners/clients, and enterprise initiatives, as required;
- Oversee and approve input, analysis, and recommendations for the continuous improvement of processes and procedures with the scope of the work team and participate in the planning and implementation of projects;
- Oversee estate administration and provide donor support for gifts-in-kind (i.e. gifts of shares).
- Manage and monitor the Gift Annuity Program;
- Manage payroll and benefit administration;
- Maintain records dealing with leases, contracts and administrative agreements;
- Oversee development and implementation of cost-control and monitoring programs;
- Monitor, review and report on the operation and effectiveness of accounting controls;
- Regularly confer with the Director of Finance on various matters related to effective functioning of the Finance Department;
- Assume duties of Director of Finance in that person’s absence;
- Prepare statutory filings (T3010, GST / HST, EHT, etc.;
- Sign off checks and send wires on a weekly basis;
- Prepare quarterly financial packages for senior management, Board of Director;
- Attend Finance Committee meetings as required
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA (CMA) accounting designation
- 5 years of progressive financial accounting, auditing and budgeting experience
- 2-3 years of proven supervisory experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Multi-cultural sensitivity
- Adapting to change
- Communicating effectively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and resolution skills
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP would be an asset
- Reliable source of transportation
Why would you want to come and work with us?
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with people as excited about changing the world as you are. You can bring your faith to work – it makes for an awesome atmosphere;
- We believe in work-life balance so we offer 15 paid vacation days starting from the first year of service, 10 paid personal days and days off to volunteer and for spiritual growth;
- You will take on a significant role in changing the world
Interested? Please forward resume including cover letter
to email@example.com by November 30th, 2018
cbm Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
cbm Canada is a ‘child and adults-at-risk safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.