Summer Student (Decision Support Services Assistant)
cbm Canada is currently looking for a summer student
You are a student between the ages of 15 and 30. You have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year. You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with official refugee status.
We are cbm International Member Association, a Christian organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Founded in 1908, we are one of the world’s oldest and largest organisations working in this field. cbm Canada targets the people affected by disability by supporting local partner organisations to run programs in the fields of healthcare, rehabilitation, education and livelihood opportunities. cbm Canada also advocates for disability inclusion following UN guidelines in international policy-making bodies, and campaigns and raises funds through its member associations.
About the summer student position:
- Job Duration: 7 weeks
- Job period: May 2017 – August 2017
- Status: Part-Time (30 hours per week)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: cbm Canada’s Stouffville Office (3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON)
- Date Posted: April 18, 2017
- Application Deadline: May 2, 2017
About the role:
The Decision Support Services Assistant position exists to help support the daily operations of the Decision Support Services application support Team at cbm Canada.
- Assist Data Analysts Team with collection, analysis and summarizing of information to determine operational requirements
- Assist Data Analysts Team with the DSS Outlook inbox maintenance by organizing and prioritizing all the incoming requests
- Assist Data Analysts with the reports preparation
- Evaluate and ensure quality of output requirements and formats
- Assist with software functionality testing as well as system updates’ testing to identify and resolve any potential problems
- Write and maintain user documentation
- Documentation of current business practices and processes
About your skills, knowledge and experience:
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of the team and willingness to collaborate
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a high demand environment
- Must be highly motivated and willing to find solutions to problems in which you have no previous experience or exposure
- Must be able to balance interrupt driven tasks alongside on-going projects
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Are you interested? Please forward resume including cover letter to email@example.com by May 2, 2017
cbm Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.