cbm Canada is currently looking for a summer student
You are a student between the ages of 15 and 30. You have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year. You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with official refugee status.
We are cbm International Member Association, a Christian organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Founded in 1908, we are one of the world’s oldest and largest organisations working in this field. cbm Canada targets the people affected by disability by supporting local partner organisations to run programs in the fields of healthcare, rehabilitation, education and livelihood opportunities. cbm Canada also advocates for disability inclusion following UN guidelines in international policy-making bodies, and campaigns and raises funds through its member associations.
ABOUT the summer student position:
- Job Duration: 7 weeks
- Job period: May 2017 – August 2017
- Status: Part-Time (30 hours per week)
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: cbm Canada’s Stouffville Office (3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON)
- Date Posted: April 18, 2017
- Application Deadline: May 2, 2017
ABOUT the role:
The IT Summer Student position exists to help support the daily operations of the IT infrastructure at cbm Canada.
- User account management
- Building and installing robust software packages for variable environments
- Hardware and printer maintenance/support,
- Debugging software installation(s) and deployments
- Providing software/hardware support for staff
ABOUT your skills, knowledge and experience:
- Solid experience with Windows operating systems; preferably in a domain environment
- Experience with computer hardware; must be able to disassemble and rebuild a PC
- Basic networking concepts, tools and hardware
- PC Software/Hardware break-fix support
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as a part of the team and willingness to collaborate
- Must be highly motivated and willing to find solutions to problems in which you have no previous experience or exposure
- Must be able to balance interrupt driven tasks alongside on-going projects
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Are you interested? Please forward resume including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
cbm Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.