VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY AT CBM CANADA
“Working towards a disability inclusive world”
We are cbm Canada, a Christian organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Founded in 1908, we are one of the world’s oldest and largest organisations working in this field. cbm Canada targets the people affected by disability by supporting local partner organisations to run programs in the fields of healthcare, rehabilitation, education and livelihood opportunities. cbm Canada also advocates for disability inclusion following UN guidelines in international policy-making bodies, and campaigns and raises funds through its member associations.
This month we are looking for dedicated volunteers to help us with the following:
- Sorting and itemizing new unworn shoes
Location: cbm Canada’s Stouffville Office (3844 Stouffville Road, Stouffville, ON L4A 7X5)
NOTE: We are located in Stouffville, ON there will be no public transportation available. Do you have a reliable source of transportation?
Shifts: Consecutive days or parts of days; morning (9am to 12pm) & afternoon (1pm to 4pm) shifts; shifts are flexible to meet YOUR schedule
Task: We’ve received about 15 boxes of new, unworn shoes. The need for volunteers is because they are in singles – the pairs are not together. The task is to find the match for each single based on type and size.
- placing shoes on tables
- finding their match from the same box or another box
- linking the pair together as much as possible (laces, velcro, etc)
- boxing up the pairs of shoes and counting how many are in each box and recording them appropriate
Why volunteer at cbm?
You will probably have some special reasons of your own but here’s what we think:
- to feel needed
- to live out your Christian faith in a practical way
- to meet new people
- to serve people living with or affected by a disability
- to share a skill
- to learn something new
- to do something different from your job
- to have an excuse to do what you love
- to test yourself
- to build your resume
- to feel good
Please send your cover letter & contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org