cbm Canada is currently looking for a skilled WordPress Designer/Developer
We are cbm Canada, a Christian organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. Founded in 1908, we are one of the world’s oldest and largest organisations working in this field. cbm Canada targets the people affected by disability by supporting local partner organisations to run programs in the fields of healthcare, rehabilitation, education and livelihood opportunities. cbm Canada also advocates for disability inclusion following UN guidelines in international policy-making bodies, and campaigns and raises funds through its member associations.
ABOUT the position:
- Job Function: Marketing Services
- Status: Contract, 1-year, 35 hours per week
- Start Date: ASAP
- Reporting to: Manager, e-Services
- Location: cbm Canada’s Stouffville Office
- Date Posted: June 22, 2017
- Application Deadline: July 13, 2017
ABOUT the role:
Reporting directly to the Manager, e-Services, the WordPress Designer/Developer is responsible for website design, creating campaign landing pages, creating and deployment of email campaigns as well as other website related functions.
- Develop concepts, designs and innovative ideas for digital deliverables within cbm‘s brand standards
- Effectively create layouts and designs that focus on user engagement while maintaining brand integrity to drive lead conversions to implementation
- Update and maintain cbm’s corporate websites
- Be able to translate requirements into wireframes, mockups, and annotate functional requirements for development
- Edit CSS, and HTML for optimal responsive device performance
- Create and integrate optimized image, HTML, CSS, and JS/ES assets; utilize basic web services
- Troubleshoot technical issues in graphic files for web and onscreen viewing, optimize for integration, performance, usability and sustainability
- Develop and advocate best practices and remain current with design and technological advancements within the creative community
- User experience focus to ensure ease of navigation and simplicity of design
- Work with other team members to ensure continuation of stable production environment and collaborate on project work as needed
- Work as part of the cbm’s Creative Services Team on a variety of projects while adhering to cbm’s established Brand Standards
ABOUT your skills, education and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Related Discipline
- Proficiency in WordPress and HTML are a must
- Extensive XHTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL development experience
- Experience with tools in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop; able to prepare graphics for programming to cutup comps from the design team
- In-depth knowledge of browser quirks and how to address them
- Knowledge of SEO/ SEM
- Knowledge and implementation of W3C Web Standards
- Expert knowledge of web best practices
- Good design eye and ability to layout web pages with the user audience in mind
- Ability to work in a team environment, from making pixel perfect sites that meet the design requirements to integrating code with the back-end development team
- Positive “can do” attitude with the ability to learn and handle design critique positively
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands for time
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Strong self-motivating and self-improving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Strong conceptualization and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT other requirements:
Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Are you a good match? Please forward resume including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2017
cbm Canada is committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA), cbm Canada strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory. If you require an accommodation, please advise Human Resources in advance of attending the interview.
cbm Canada is a ‘child-safe organization’. As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to undergo Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All other applicants are thanked for their interest.